From: edwin at link.net.id (SPAM)
Subject: Re: Xbox hacks

Go here

http://web.mit.edu/bunnie/www/proj/anatak/xboxmod.html

or here

http://www.xenatera.com/bunnie/proj/anatak/xboxmod.html

Ed

Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:57:19 BST, PiG_DoG <PiG_DoG@...dog.homeip.net>
said:
> > Anyone Heard Any more on The XBOX Hack
>
> Which one?
>
> (I'm not being facetious here - I've seen rumors of at least 3 different
hacks for it,
> unless said rumors have mutated so widely that they're 3 versions of the
same rumor..)

> I know there was one group that made a fairly credible "Sign our
bootloader or we'll
> reveal the hack" request a few weeks ago, not aware of anything coming of
it.  There
> was a long thread on Slashdot about it, so it should be easy to track
down...

No need to go to SlashDot -- AFAIK, it was someone from that group who
posted not only a description but what is claimed to be a sample
exploit of the vuln they discovered to this very list on 4 July:

http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-July/010895.html

Ironically (in light of several recent posts) that message had a
Subject: line of:

   When full disclosure is the only way...

More info is available by asking your favourite search engine what it
knows about "dayx xbox hack" or similar...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald