From: neeko at haackey.com (Neeko Oni)
Subject: DCOM RPC exploit  (dcom.c)

1) It's a one-shot attack.  Pick the wrong SP, no go.  Whatever worm comes of
this will be limited by this fact.

2) It'll be another week before most of these "kiddies" figure out how to
compile any exploit released.  "ware is erreer.h!!!" etc.

3) Two weeks.. if that's not long enough to patch up, you can't really blame
the exploit writer(s).

4) I don't like guns.  People kill people with guns.  Do I blame the murderers
for pulling the trigger or do I blame the gun producers for making the gun?
Hint:  This is different than "Should people make guns or not?"

5) NAT'ing incoming requests to other hosts.. nice.  First off, NAT was the
wrong choice of buzzword.  Next, do you really want it looking like you're
attempting to exploit either of those sites?  Furthermore.. what's the point?
Are you trying to DoS those hosts?  Nice.  Whine about the actions of others
while participating in a DoS attack.  Good job.  You must be a mental giant.

I can tell you're one of those guys who spent the night at your colo trying to
patch SQL while Slammer hit.

.Neek