From: Nicolas.Villatte at advalvas.be (Nicolas Villatte)
Subject: DCOM RPC exploit  (dcom.c)

Chris,
It is an old debate between full / partial / non-discolsure. Everybody has
its own point. Personally I prefer to know there is an exploit and to have
it to quickly test/patch (not all patches fixes all exploits).
Public exploit will always be better than private exploit in my opinion.
You can't compare nuclear weapon to an exploit because you usually can
protect yourself from an exploit.

If everybody had nuclear weapon I do not think some countries would have
so much influence in the world politics and economics.
So if I enter your logic,  meaning public exploit=nuclear weapon, I only
see the advantage in keeping it secret to make money about it (sell the
technology to people not having it) and use it as a threat towards the
others (maybe selling security stuff in the pipe to get even richer and
keep exclusivity).

Unfortunately sometimes, there is no difference between keeping it secret
to make a lot of money on it while we still may and security through
obscurity

Cheers.