From: admin at governmentsecurity.org (Admin GSecur)
Subject: DCOM RPC exploit  (dcom.c)

I completely agree, unfortunately this is a constant problem in any
enterprise size network.  So many times it only takes a less experienced
network admin to bring a network to it's knees.

Personally I have found an aggressive and continuous network auditing
policy by the corporation can help negate any difference in security
levels among the large number of servers and devices on their network.
But so many times the corporation doesn't want to spend the capital on
the manpower needed. (Even if it is for a single additional body)

Another common problem is the random "orphaned" server that was
installed with out the NOC ever knowing.  So many times this single
neglected machine can cause the downfall of even the tightest network.
So are the woes of an enterprise admin.

Blake Wiedman
Founder GovernmentSecurity.org
"Know thy enemy"