From: m0rtis at adelphia.net (Mortis)
Subject: Browser on Windows

> Does anyone know where I can find information
> about the Browser service in Windows?

I do!!  I do!!  Search the web.

There's a pretty decent site called Google [@1] that lets
you search for web pages.  "windows browser service" might
be a good search.  It looks kind of boring because they were
too cheap for the active stuff, but it works ok I guess.
Maybe you should use Ask Jeeves instead [@2].  The buttons
look like you are pressing them and they have this neat tool
bar thing that hooks into your browser.  I wish it played
music.  It should play music.  And talk to you.  "How may I
help you today, sir?".  But I digress...

Did you know Microsoft has their own searchable web site
[@3] and about 1000 news groups for people to ask all sorts
of questions [@4]?  No kidding.  I just found it last week.
This web thing is pretty amazing.

Since Microsoft sold you the product, you might consider
calling their support staff and asking them to send you the
documentation.  j/k.  I made a funny.

If none of this works, you might try posting to an
irrelevant newsgroup.  Oh wait, you already tried that one.
You could buy a spam package and let it fly, someone is
bound to help.  No.  That won't work.  Scratch that.

Try Start->Help.  Everything is in there.  Whoops.  Scratch
that, too.  It's not in there.

Oh, yeah, I forgot.  Documentation is optional.  You need to
buy a really fat book to get this information [@5].

You're not blind are you?  I don't know if they have them in
Braille.  I can read you mine if you are blind.  Learning is
important and I'm here for you, man.  I hate it when blind
people lag behind because the other hackers don't want to
help them.  If you're not blind, you can read it to me.  I
get kind of lonely sometimes.  (800) 936-4900

> I am looking to research it a bit ....

Obviously not, or you wouldn't have asked.  You're bound to
have a good career.  I find the inability to learn on my own
is a highly sought skill in the job market.  The more I ask
for help and money for schooling the more they pay me.  Plus
it's really fun to sit around at Sun for two weeks so they
can teach you how to hit stop-a and sh*t.  Much better than
working on your network.

I figure if I need to learn 2 languages, an email package, a
database, and an IDS this year I will only have to go to
work for a couple of weeks.  Sweet.  Figure in vacation and
I don't have to work at all.  Double sweet!  And I get to be
CIFS, SKIDS, MSKIDS, SMITH, CRISP, and all those neat things
that tell you that I know what I'm doing.

If you need some more help, please let me know.  I have
nothing better to do now that the flames have settled down a
little.  If IRC and the CS game are boring, I might have to
patch a few systems or solve a problem.  Work is such a
drag.

Answering your questions would be a welcome relief.  I can't
surf for pr0n cause I'm a moron^h^hmon and I can't do too
much work or someone will notice the productivity increase.
I'm lazy, not stupid!

[@1] http://www.google.com
[@2] http://www.ask.com/
[@3] http://support.microsoft.com
[@4] http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
[@5]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=bo
oks&field-keywords=microsoft%20press&search-type=ss&bq=1/002
-8105382-3643248
--
Life is a tale told by an idiot,
m0rtis