From: rnews at whirlpool.river.com (Richard Johnson)
Subject: Alleged Foundstone anonymous astroturf memo

Someone just called my attention to an alleged Foundstone internal memo
advocating that Foundstone employees engage in anonymous astroturfing
to recommend Foundstone security products.

http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/memodetails.php?memo_id=1739

 | If and when you come across a thread like this, please take a moment
 | to share some anonymous information about the benefits of
 | Foundstone's products and solutions.

and

 | Some guidelines:

 | Do this from your home machine not Foundstones [sic] Youre [sic]
 | welcome to modify this text in your own words It should reflect your
 | personality we dont [sic] need this to be picked up as manufacturer
 | speak

 | Thanks for your help. I'd appreciate any feedback you get that you
 | think might be valuable.

Heh.  So... is it a real Foundstone memo?

Isn't it instead official Foundstone policy for all sales & marketing
representatives (whether regular, or drafted from other portions of the
company) to identify themselves as Foundstone employees when
recommending Foundstone products?  One would hope so.

Richard

--
To reply via email, make sure you don't enter the whirlpool on river left.

My mailbox. My property. My personal space. My rules. Deal with it.
                        http://www.river.com/users/share/cluetrain/