From: security at brvenik.com (Jason)
Subject: Patching networks redux

Thanks for the heads up.

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

> Of course the experts never have these problems, but for the mere
> mortals, caveat emptor.

Well I do not recall that ever being stated outside of your own
comments. The "experts" definately have problems too, of course they are
likely up to date for the most part on service packs and patch levels
and experiencing less trouble.

Please do not forget that the "experts" are not nearly as troubled by
this because the problem was largly mitigated by following best
practices. I suspect you too could be spending this time appropriately
handling the problem cases and systems that required the functionality
with a lot less worry and headache.