From: wchang at pnwsoft.com (Wayne Chang)
Subject: Reacting to a server compromise

Hi Mark,

In this situation I would Do The Right Thing(tm).  Contact the admins on the
list and inform your local FBI department.  They might not care, but atleast
you've informed them.

By being silent on this, you help no one but yourself.  And that might not
even be true since one of the 100 ips could trace back to you and notify the
FBI before you do.

It will take a few hours atleast to notify all of them, but with a generic
message that you can cut and paste, the effort would be appreciated by the
people you contact (atleast we hope they take it positively).

Anyways, being silent on it is harmful, any way you slice it.

Do The Right Thing.

Best regards,

Wayne Chang
Pacific Northwest Software