From: purdy at tecman.com (Curt Purdy)
Subject: [inbox] Re: Reacting to a server compromise

Jennifer, I made a reply to someone disagreeing with your statement on
copying the drive, supporting your contention.  However, most courts will
not accept log files on magnetic media as evidence due to the ease of
alteration.  This is why we collect all logs on a central syslog server that
writes directly to write-once media.  That is irrefutable evidence.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions
cpurdy@...ol.com
936.637.7977 ext. 121

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke