From: rms at computerbytesman.com (Richard M. Smith)
Subject: Disclose a bug, do not pass go, go directly to jail

I just found this FBI press release on the case which says something a
bit different.  It claims that Bret set up a Web site that give details
of the problem:

http://www.fbi.gov/fieldnews/march/la032503.htm

The FBI also portrays Bret as a spammer for sending out 14,000 email
messages on three occasions.  How come none of the real spammers who
send out millions of unsolicited spam email messages everyday aren't in
jail for overloading email servers?  For example, two years ago Verizon
email basically stopped working for a week because of a spammer attack.

Richard