From: orniter at yahoo.com (Carl Sager)
Subject: DCOM Worm?

It appears the worm works on XP as well.  I work for a
nation wide retail chain that also provides technical
services and it looks like our intranet just got hit
up.  I'm on XP pro and I've got msblast on my drive
now and just saw a whole line of XP terminals reboot
(it was pretty cool, actually)...so it must use
different offsets - randomly?  If it was using the
wrong offsets then it would crash the service and
cause the shutdown errors in XP.  Seems like a waste
of time to go to all the trouble of releasing this
just to ddos windowsupdate.com though, anyone noticed
more interesting effects?