From: jasper599 at hotmail.com (Jasper Blackwell)
Subject: RE: RE: MSblast worm

Thanks for your answers all.

TC's answer raises an interesting question for me. Does anyone know what
exploit is being used as part of the MSBlast worm? I am aware that there are
different versions of the DCOM32 exploit, some of these versions require you
to determine what service pack is on the machine and others use the
universal offsets and therefore only require you to figure out whether it is
2000 or XP that is to be exploited. I am guessing here that as it may well
be the original DCOM32 exploit that the worm does not use the universal
offsets, can anyone give me a definite answer?

Also is anyone else in the situation that they have 2000 machines which are
pre SP3 which are not infected, and 2000 machines with SP3 or above that are
infected? Is there anyone out there with 2000 machines and SP2 or below that
are infected?