From: gml at phrick.net (gml)
Subject: ::::: future happenings..

You all focus on a worms potential for destruction too much.
What about threats that affect the real world. For instance
Theft of data on a massive scale. We've already seen worms
That do this.  Or worse DDOS networks that can be uses as weapons
Against foreign governments or even our own to disrupt or confuse.
I think wiping the HDD of machine is probably too overt and furthermore
Rather pointless as it will make it that much harder for the worm to spread
Once the damage is done.  For instance if the machine reboots, the OS will
Fail to boot and the worm will fail to go on another run.  I'd start looking
More towards the "blended threat" as Symantec seems to put it. And more
Advanced tools allowing people to create worms without much technical
knowledge.  There are a few already out there, I'm certain this will
Only get worse.