From: jgrotegut at directpointe.com (Jonathan Grotegut)
Subject: Microsoft urging users to buy Harware Firewalls

<snip>
My only question is why aren't NAT routers built into all cable and DSL
modems.
<snip>

Because when they are they are a pain in the ass-et because you have
absolutely no control over them.  I have more problems then not because
mine does have it built in (M$N DSL 1000 Modem).  They have it locked
down so tight you are lucky to be able to browse the internet.  It would
be great if they allowed you to change it but, alas...

Jonathan