From: cgarrett at inixoma.com (Christopher Garrett)
Subject: curious email

I received a rather strange email today [08.15.03] at 12:44AM. I'll let the
email speak for itself:
http://www.osidan.com/tmp/curiosemail.html

If anyone has any information regarding a scandal revolving around an email of
this sort, please let me know. I believe I read an article or perhaps it was a
past FD thread that discussed some sort of scandal resembling this scenario.
I've not responded to this fellow, nor do I intend to, as the email surely seems
to be a fake. Firstly, this person managed to track my email down but did not
address me formally? He is a lawyer, so he says, and as such, he certainly
should have used my name. Also, the email header seems somewhat strange. It's
addressed to himself from himself. The only place the email address to which he
was directing the email [my email address] was found was in the top-most
Received information clause, where I have exchanged that particular email
address with "my@...il.address". Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christopher Garrett III
Inixoma, Incorporated