From: hmason at dbsinet.com (henry j. mason)
Subject: Blaster Side Affect?

	about 1.5 weeks before the worm appeared, my windows 2000
	machine stopped resolving DNS names. a reboot would solve
	the problem, then after an hour it would stop working again.
	networking was fine otherwise - resolving hosts via the
	hosts file worked and you could reach machines by numeric
	ip address. restarting the DNS client service did nothing.
	in fact, i never found a solution, and ended up installing
	windows on new hardware and moving my files over.

	what a waste of time.

	i have no idea if this is related to the worm or just a bug
	in windows (god forbid). but since your symptoms appear to
	be similar i thought i would mention it.

	if this is your problem, and you find a fix, i'd really like
	to know about it...

	regards,
	henry