From: attica at stackheap.org (S . f . Stover)
Subject: Administrivia: Binary Executables w/o Source

On 18 Aug 03 03:40:34PM Len Rose[len@...sys.com] wrote:
: My message was not about the size ofd
: the file but rather about the sheer useless re-transmission
: of a binary (any executable) that no one in their right mind
: would actually run which is why I suggested that source code
: should be included next time.

Would that really matter though?  I mean, how would I know that the binary
included came from the attached source?

Plus, I do have quarantined machines I blow away and rebuild regularly that I
don't mind putting unknown binaries on from time to time.  Any my mileage
definitely does vary  ;-)

Just my 0.02.  I figure there's no list like FD for unknown binaries...

--
attica@...ckheap.org
GPG Key ID: 0xF8F859D0

"There is no such thing as right and wrong, there's just popular opinion."
-Jeffrey Goines