From: rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com (Rainer Gerhards)
Subject: securing php

Apache does not need to run as Administrator under Win32. In fact, the Apache folks recommend NOT to do this. It is on by default, so that it fits into the "W?ndows security model". See the Apache web site for how to run it under a different user - they have doc (but I don't have the link right now;)).

Keep in mind, though, that even when run as a non-admin, Apache requires some considerate priveleges. If not done so, please also check on PHPs safe mode (far from bullet-proof, but another hurdle)....

Rainer