From: list at nutz.ch (Adrian Nutz)
Subject: JAP back doored

But this is not the full story....see
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/uma-20.08.03-000/ (in german).
In short: While the AN.ON-Projekt was forced to put in the
logging-function, other mixes are not affected. SPLINE
(http://www.spline.de/) for example refuses to implment the logging.
They are in the cascades Luebeck-Berlin-Dresden and New
York-Berlin-Dresden. I think that german judges won't have a way to
force a mix in New York to implment the logging, which gives a cascade
of two (possibly) unlogged mixes if you use the New York-Berlin-Dresden
cascade.

I believe, that if there where more mixes around and more traffic on
the, this would be the best way to give a lot of anonymity.
There should be mixes in many different countries, if possible most of
them shouldn't have any kind of treaties that allow a fast reaction from
the police in this countries if some other country wants logs.
Having many mixes requires a lot of traffic to conceal the
individual...best way here would be if large firms proxied all their
employees through JAP...which would help the firms as well.

regards,
Adrian