From: felix.roennebeck at gaussvip.com (felix.roennebeck@...ssvip.com)
Subject: JAP back doored

Drew Copley wrote:

>Why is the state of Germany trojanizing applications which may be run by
>anyone on the planet?

because this application was used to commit a bad crime - child pornography.

>How is it they believe they have a right to trojanize someone outside of
>Germany?

They don't. They care about a system that is located in Germany and that
is used to commit a crime. Any other country would do that - especially
the US..

> This is blatantly illegal in just about every country outside of
>Germany.  Literally.

I doubt that. Do you have any precise example ? I do:

- 5 big european airlines had to open theyr booking systems to US
customs. They are able to see any data in that system - even information
about for example bank accounts and even if they have never been to the US.
- Britain and the US are runnung a System called Echelon that is trying
to listen to _any_ communication on the continent

This are two example for systems beeing trojanized. And I can't remeber
a US representative saying "Hey, European citizens: Be careful where you
fly and who you call. We are watching you."

And I think there are hundreds of more examples that allow to
finger-point in one direction or the other. Every country tries to take
care of its interests - and that is not allways nice to watch.

>Are they trying to set a precedent for other countries to follow?

I don't think that the judge thought about that. But who knows ?

>Or, do they believe they are superior to other countries, and they may
>invade at will?

I would be _very_ careful with statements like this. We had this
superior thing in the 1930/40s and I think we are pretty much over it.

--
Mit freundlichen Gr?ssen / with kind regards

Felix Roennebeck

Senior System Administrator

VIP Enterprise 8 | THE POWER OF CONTENT AT WORK

Gauss Interprise AG    Phone: +49-40-3250-1590
Weidestr. 120a         Fax:   +49-40-3250-19-1590
D-22083 Hamburg        eMail: Felix.Roennebeck@...ssvip.com
Germany                Web:   http://www.gaussvip.com