From: jheidtke at fmlh.edu (Jerry Heidtke)
Subject: Sobig has a surprise...

After reviewing the actual firewall logs I find my initial report was not entirely correct. There were two variants, not three, and the second variant contacted a list of 5 hosts, none of which were on the "big" list of 20 hosts.

The second list of five addresses (all seem to be on cable or dsl networks) is given below.

List published by Sophos and others

12.158.102.205
12.232.104.221
24.33.66.38
24.197.143.132
24.202.91.43
24.206.75.137
24.210.182.156
61.38.187.59
63.250.82.87
65.92.80.218
65.92.186.145
65.95.193.138
65.93.81.59
65.177.240.194
66.131.207.81
67.9.241.67
67.73.21.6
68.38.159.161
68.50.208.96
218.147.164.29

Addresses contacted by infected systems on our network

Infected machine 1
67.164.250.26/8998
129.244.36.194/8998
67.73.60.121/8998
218.146.139.246/8998
66.169.84.77/8998

Infected machine 2
67.164.250.26/8998
129.244.36.194/8998
67.73.60.121/8998
218.146.139.246/8998
66.169.84.77/8998

Infected machine 3
68.50.208.96/8998
12.232.104.221/8998
218.147.164.29/8998
24.33.66.38/8998
12.158.102.205/8998
24.197.143.132/8998
24.206.75.137/8998
24.202.91.43/8998
24.210.182.156/8998
61.38.187.59/8998
65.92.80.218/8998
63.250.82.87/8998
65.92.186.145/8998

I don't believe we can get a copy of the virus off the machines with the variant. The machines don't belong to us, even though they are on our network.

Jerry