From: jeremiah at nur.net (Jeremiah Cornelius)
Subject: JAP back doored

> As for the US government, this is utterly unimportant. I was playing
around even to begin to mess > with that. Yes, I am unaware of the US
actively trojanizing applications by forcing the developers > to do this. So
are you. This is illegal.

Legality has /never/ stopped th U.S. or any other government.  It was
illegal to invade Panama in '89.  The actions by a President to order this -
under any circumstances - were in direct violation of treaties to which all
OAS members were party.  The action of breaking this treaty is itself a
violation of US law - and an unarguably impeachable offense.

Backdooring software is small potatoes.

The NSA key in MS Windows NT+ has never been seriously dicredited - just
officially dismissed.

"Just 'cause the brainwashing is free, doesn't mean you /have/ to take
one..."