From: avalon at caligula.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Subject: GOOD: A legal fix for software flaws?

In some mail from Jeremiah Cornelius, sie said:

> Darren Reed wrote:
>
> >I, for one, would not cry if the law made it impossible to sell or
> >provide GPL'd software to people because it could not be provieded
> >with a disclaimer.
> >
> >Sooner or later the software industry needs to grow up and take
> >responsibility for the crap that it unloads onto the world,
> >pretending it to be a product worth using.  GPL software especially.
> >

> You sir, were just flagged with the "troll-bit" across all your posts.
> The fact that you equate the production and use of software /only/ with
> an "industry" of some sort demonstrates the level of your indoctrination.

And I should care about this because...?

> There are arguments for software as speech.  I do not claim to support
> all of these - but you are clearly in the ideological camp of the
> control-freaks.  When we can no longer use our machines for anything but
> software from a govenment provided white-list, and are unable to
> uninstall select bits - we will have people with positions like yours to
> thank.

Nope, you're wrong but if you don't understand why I might say that (and
clearly you don't) then any argument from me will be wasted on you.

> Jeremiah Cornelius, CISSP, CCNA, MCSE

And your comments quite clearly show that certifications do not equate
to mental agility.  Maybe you should stick to responding to topics that
were covered in your exams for the said courses.

Darren