From: mds at helices.org (Michael D Schleif)
Subject: Authorities eye MSBlaster suspect

Jason Coombs <jasonc@...ence.org> [2003:08:30:10:39:53-1000] scribed:
> <mds@...ices.org> wrote:
> >
> > OK, they nabbed a nickel-bagger
>
> come on, the guy is a lot closer to a lovesick youth who couldn't resist
> carving his initials in Windows when he saw the chance than he is to a drug
> dealer.
<snip />

I'm not certain what I said that is your issue.  My intent is, this
young man is caught in possession of a nickel bag.  To my knowledge,
there is nothing about this kid that indicates any international drug
cartel, much less a significant menace to society.

Nonetheless, every newspaper I saw on Saturday presented this bust as a
*major* victory in the war on terrorism !?!?

Let's get a grip, and face reality!

Whether or not this kid is guilty of anything illegal; or, whether or
not his intent was malevolent; this particular event is not even a mote
in god's eye, and we'd do well to focus our attentions on more
significant portents.

Unless, of course, you are simply amused by his exploit . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds