From: madsaxon at direcway.com (madsaxon)
Subject: DCOM/RPC story (Analogy)

At 12:19 PM 8/31/03 -0700, Steven Fruchter wrote:
>That is completely moronic to act as if he did not do anything but just
>hex edit the code and change the name for example on the .exe .  He also
>like a moron had the infected drones contact his website (which he is
>registered to) so that he can see who has been infected to control them. \

Assuming that he is, in fact, responsible.  If I wanted
to release a worm and blame someone else for it, the first thing
I'd do is pick out some basically clueless kiddie who's been
bragging about his skillz on IRC and set him up exactly like
this.  Next thing you know, the FBI and virtually everyone on
the planet is convinced he's guilty, and I get off scot free,
ready to release my next new and improved worm. Piece o' cake.

m5x