From: scottp at dreamwright.com (Scott Phelps / Dreamwright Studios)
Subject: Virus, whether the scanners say so or not?

I just got this from a co-workers computer. I've run it against 4 virus
scanners I have around (after running each one's definition update) and
nothing recognized it.

It really looks like W32.HLLW.Moega
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.moega.html

But Symantec says it should catch it, which it doesn't. It looks like the
thing has been on his machine for about a month, and he's on an open cable
connection (Symantec mentions a trojan in moega) so I would like to know
what the payload is. It's a larger file than what Symantec has listed for
moega also.

Anybody seen it, or have a scanner that recognizes it?

D  R  E  A  M  W  R  I  G  H  T    S  T  U  D  I  O  S
Dreamwright.com  - Web Design, Graphic Design, & Custom Software Programming
704-548-8653 office/fax  1-866-47-MY-WEB
PO Box 480188   Charlotte, NC 28269