From: khermansen at ht-technology.com (Kristian Hermansen)
Subject: DCOM/RPC story (Analogy)

Yeah, you are correct about him still being responsible in legal terms...but
I still think that he is getting more than he deserves.  And another great
point you made was this:

> he is going to pay for the the MS Blaster AND sobig virus attacks because
> I'm sure most people don't even know or remember the difference
> between the two of them.
>
> jb

This is most likely true and is very sad.  Yes, the kid committed a crime,
but the punishment far exceeds the crime.  Enron executives lie/cheat/steal,
governments execute/murder/overthrow, Martha Stewart intentionally swindles
stock holders out of mucho ca$h and none of these people have received the
punishment that they all deserve.  The sad truth is that money talks.
Wealth is power in this world and if you don't have it you're just another
cow in the field...being herded along by thoses who have wealth and power -
it's fu3king sad...

Kris Hermansen