From: st_lim at stlim.net (Lim Swee Tat)
Subject: Bill Gates blames the victim

Hi,

I'm glad for you that you have yet to get your fingers burnt yet.  And
I'm again learning that you obviously have a lot of faith in this
patching business, which is fine and applaudable.  The security
community certainly needs people like you to continue having faith. :)

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 02:08, Robert Ahnemann wrote:

> Its not so much that I like to patch.  I personally have never had a
> problem with a patch messing up a system here at work.  I'm sure there
> are some cases where there might be conflicts, no doubt.  I think you
> might be inflating the severity of the 'problems' with any given patch.
> I don't think it's straight to compare a patch problem with something
> like Nachia or Blaster.
  I'm not sure what you are trying to get to, with the latest piece of
rhetoric you issued here. Are you trying to advocate patching or
patching at exactly the moment there is a problem or...  Bill Gates
claims people do not patch in time, someone here says that the patches
are unreliable... How straight do you want this comparison to be??

Ciao
ST Lim

-- lim swee tat -( Such a foolish notion, that war is called devotion,
when )- -( the greatest )- -( warriors are the ones who stand for peace.