From: Bojan.Zdrnja at LSS.hr (Bojan Zdrnja)
Subject: Backdoor.Sdbot.N Question

As far as I saw on couple of systems, usually it's downloaded by separate
worm/tool/whatever.
Mimail (which some companies detect as TrojanDropper.JS.Mimail.b), for
example, will download and execute a file from a particular website. That
file can (of course) be Backdoor.Sdbot.

Also, I saw several instances of Backdoor.Coreflood trojan on some client
machines. They got this trojan when users went to Web sites which had a
VBScript which in turn is a dropper for the trojan. Those scripts usually
use the vulnerability described in MS03-032.

> I would also like to know if this is also an indicator of not
> having the patch for the Blaster worm.

Probably not - I suspect they went to some Web site which had dropper
Vbscript on it.

Regards,

Bojan Zdrnja