From: jheidtke at fmlh.edu (Jerry Heidtke)
Subject: EULA

This is a dead issue, and has been for at least a year. Microsoft has
issued statements clarifying the intent of the EULA, which they admit
was "poorly worded".

All you need to do is turn off automatic updates, which is wise policy
in any corporate environment.

http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid1_gci853
127,00.html

I work in a hospital. I'm heavily involved in HIPAA compliance, and very
familiar with both the privacy and security regulations. There are NO
regulations on software change control. Anyone who believes there are
should cite the specific regulation that they think covers this area.

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation about what the HIPAA
regulation require, even in the health care industry. BS like this
doesn't help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending MS or saying their products are
appropriate choices, but this issue is pure FUD.