From: dsoeder at eeye.com (Derek Soeder)
Subject: MS03-039 has been released - critical

This question also popped up on NTBugtraq and Marc answered it there.
Here's the archived message:

http://www.ntbugtraq.com/default.asp?pid=36&sid=1&A2=ind0309&L=ntbugtraq&P=4
387

To summarize, the new (824146) hotfix changes some behavior that causes
older versions of the check to fail (with false positives) in the majority
of scanning tools.  We updated Retina and the free scanning tool to properly
detect both vulnerabilities, so it sounds like you're running an older
version.  Please make sure to get the latest copy -- the About dialog should
say 1.1.0 or higher.

You can download the current version of the scanner here:

http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Tools/RPCDCOM.html

I hate to come off as plugging  =I   but I hope this clears up the confusion
for everyone who missed the NTBugtraq post...

-- Derek