From: rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com (Rainer Gerhards)
Subject: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

> > I can understand you frustration of no linux & cracked
> games anymore,
> > but "written permission"... Well, well...
>
> You misunderstand me completely beside the fact that you
> accuse me of creating copies of games. I am the person who
> cracked the xbox open via the font hack and I am not
> frustrated at all, because I can revert the illegal changes
> of MS to MY hardware anytime. It is just that MS has no
> fucking right to autoupdate my box. No matter if I am a LIVE
> customer or not. They can terminate my license and pay me my
> money back if the update is really needed, which it is not.

My apologies in this case, but your post really sounded like being from
a different person with some different mind behind him...

But - honestly - do you really think Microsoft has designed to box in
the way you intend to use it? Didn't you then take it as a challenge to
do something with it that it was not really designed for?

> > As you said "it *finally* happened" ;) If you purchase that
> blackbox
> > design, you get what you pay for. Microsoft never said it did these
> > things that you try to do. While there are good points to
> blame them,
> > I think this time it is not. It is simply doing what it was
> supposed
> > to...
>
> There is NOT a single word in the whole EULA and
> documentation of the XBOX that it will not execute nonsigned
> software. I found a way to work around this defect. Microsoft
> destroyed that way, they killed one of the features (again...
> nowhere in the docu is written that this is NOT one of the
> features) So I want my money back. I payed for a black box
> with specific features the font hack was one of the features.
> If they kill this feature, they kill my property and have to
> pay for it.

Honestly, I still can't follow you on this route. I wouldn't purchase
the XBOX first place because MS intention with it is well-known. If you
repair these "defects" and make it even more succcessful (because of
this) in the marketplace - is that really good? Wouldn't it be better to
make it an economic failure so that vendors see this is the wrong
approach (as the music industry now slowly learns)?

Rainer