From: jays at panix.com (Jay Sulzberger)
Subject: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Rick Kingslan wrote:

> Jay,
>
> All good points.  You possibly misunderstand - I'm not in any way arguing
> the absurdity.  That, it is - and I fully concur and concede that point.
> However, unless one is independently wealthy with plenty of reserves, I
> seriously question taking on MS and the EULAs over a ~$200.00US video
> console.
>
> THAT is absurd.....

I think it is worth doing, else their EVIL PLOTS creep ahead.

> However, I do think that you CAN sell me a car that only turns left on
> Sundays IF I am stupid enough to READ the contract and SIGN the same -
> giving up my right to litigation over a 'feature' that occurs because of
> 'human error' in the design and build process.  Or, possibly it's a feature
> that other customers asked for and received because they promised to by
> thousands of those cars for stock car racing on Sunday nights.
>
> Regardless, it was in the contract....  If you don't read, you get what you
> pay for.  Caveat Emptor....
>
> -rtk

Sure.  I think we agree here.

For what lengths Microsoft and, in this case, Toshiba, will go in
assaulting the law, see

http://windowsrefund.net

and follow the link to the transcript of Adam Kosmin's first case against
Toshiba, to get his refund.  A high Toshiba executive, in charge of dealing
with Microsoft, testifies that he never heard of the refund clause of the
Microsoft EULA.  This is after he was coming down to the court house for
months with Toshiba's lawyer, in a case dealing solely with the refund
clause ;)

oo--JS.