From: rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com (Rainer Gerhards)
Subject: AW: RE: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

> At 12:27 12.09.2003, you wrote:
> >Using a Linux Router you can change the outgoing MAC address
> of your XBOX.
> >MS wouldn't be aware of the MAC address of your XBOX

I may be wrong, but I thought they would obtain the MAC address via some
API they have in their XBOX, that is they talk to the box, ask it for
its address and the box replies with it. Then, the router won't help.

I don't see any other (reliable) way to get the MAC address of a remote
system... Am I wrong?

Rainer