From: lists at onryou.com (Cael Abal)
Subject: Who else is Omniture doing snooping for?

> Here's how the Omniture describes themselves:
>
>    http://www.omniture.com/company.html
>
>    "Imagine a device that could be placed by the front
>    door of a department store to tell the store manager
>    all kinds of detailed information about customers -
>    what store they came from, who they were referred by,
>    if they have been to the store previously, what
>    advertisement they were responding to and much more,"
>    says CEO Josh James. "Imagine how useful this kind of
>    information is to a store manager or marketing agent.
>    That is the kind of information SiteCatalyst can provide,
>    instantaneously, in real-time."

Okay, that's just creepy.

Anyone who is upset by this sort of thing should enthusiastically
consider disabling javascript.  Alternatively, many browsers can also be
configured to not download third-party images ('Load images for the
originating web site only').

I took a quick look at the code.  I love the source address for the
offending web bug:

https://102.112.2o7.net/

Sneaky, huh?

Cael