From: raymond at prolocation.net (Raymond Dijkxhoorn)
Subject: dcom2_scanner v1.1

Hi!

>     Lots of people gave me useful feedback on my Unix based MS DCOM DCE RPC
> scanner.  I've updated it based on their suggestions.  This version has
> better OS detection, recognizes 9x/me systems as immune, better support for
> NT, and better detection of systems with DCOM disabled.
>
>    http://udel.edu/~doke/dcom2/dcom2_scanner-v1.1.tar.gz
>
>     Suggestions and constructive criticism are invited.

[root@...ter dcom2]# ./dcom2_scanner 130.161.180.59
** 130.161.180.59 does not have 2nd dcom patch -- BAD **
[root@...ter dcom2]# ./dcom2_scanner 130.161.180.59

This is a HPUX box, we got the same false positives with another box...

rpcscan-netreg-03 doest detect it properly, i suggest taking a peek at
their code...

http://www.security.uconn.edu/netregscan/

Bye,
Raymond.