From: Steve.Lawlor at webmd.net (Lawlor, Steve)
Subject: Audit Tools

www.belarc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Aykut [mailto:anthony.aykut@...me4.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 3:31 AM
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Audit Tools

Hi List,

I have a client that needs to perform an audit on approx. 1500 PCs on an uni
campus (for software licensing), all connected to a network physically thru
a network card/cable BUT most of the time working locally, off-line - so not
logged in to the network.

These are mostly uni personnel (lecturers, professors, scientists, etc.) who
don't want their PCs tampered with physically (ie engineer comes and
installs agent), and since most of them aren't logged on to the network most
of the time, there is no way of distributing a tool/agent via the login
scripts, etc.

Now we have had a look at tools like GASP from Attest
(http://www.attest.com/), but it doesn't really give us what we want. Can
anyone suggest a way/tool/method or a combo of these that could do the job?
Post to list or mail me direct, all suggestions are welcome!

Anthony Aykut
Frame4 Security Systems
http://www.frame4.com/