From: booger at unixclan.net (security snot)
Subject: Is Marty Lying?

"Detect intrusions" - if you can set an IDS signature for something, then
you shouldn't be vulnerable to it.  So the functionality of IDS is to tell
you when you've been compromised by six-month old public vulnerabilities
that dvdman has finally gotten his hands on an exploit for, that you never
bothered to patch for?

Useless.

"Whitehat by day, booger at night - I'm the security snot."
- CISSP / CCNA / A+ Certified - www.unixclan.net/~booger/ -