From: rbrown at doitt.nyc.gov (Brown, Rodrick)
Subject: Is Marty Lying?

There are many situations where IDS's are your only audit trail long
after your system has been compromised.

Sort of like video surveillance for network security.

.. Rodrick R. Brown - Systems Engineer    ..
.. Open Systems Group (718) 403-6760      ..
.. Dept. of Information Technology &      ..
.. Telecommunications. http://www.nyc.gov ..
.. 11 Metrotech Center Brooklyn NY, 11201 ..