From: sintraq at sintelli.com (SINTRAQ)
Subject: SINTRAQ Weekly - Security Vulnerabilities - Week 38, 2003

SINTRAQ Weekly Summary
Week 38, 2003

Created for you by SINTELLI, the definitive source of IT security
intelligence.

Welcome to the latest edition of SINTRAQ Weekly Summary. Information on
how to manage your subscription can be found at the bottom of the
newsletter. If you have any problems or questions, please e-mail us at
sintraqweekly@...telli.com

PDF version is here
http://www.sintelli.com/sinweek/week38-2003.pdf

Highlights:
This week Microsoft admins were sleeping easily and watching their
fellow *nix admins run around frantically applying patches. First it was
one, then two then three vulnerabilities identified in OpenSSH.  But,
then there was more, not one but two Sendmail vulnerabilities.  Just
incase you have not upgraded your versions of OpenSSH and Sendmail to
the latest versions we suggest you do so.

Whilst still on *nix, there is remote root exploit available for Solaris
and IBM issued two advisories about AIX.  There is an exploit available
for the Solaris vulnerability, so time to fix it.

So what happened to the much hyped about Blaster-type worm which was
going to exploit the vulnerabilities in MS03-39?  Did it die, were we
all protected against or was it hype?

Well, there was a worm called Swen (aka Gibe).  It came, pretending to
be a Microsoft Bulletin, it saw vulnerable PCs, and conquered them.  Now
it's invading many countries, watch its progress here:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/map/map.htm

The worrying thing about Swen is that it exploited a 30 month old
vulnerability (CVE-2001-0154) thus when the new blaster-type worm turns
up we are sure it will still find some vulnerable systems.  Just in case
you wanted to write such a worm the Chinese research group has provide
some information to help you at:
http://www.xfocus.org/documents/200309/4.html

Maybe they got bored of waiting for it?

Until next week,
-- SINTELLI Research
www.sintelli.com

>>Did you know you can trial our vulnerability alerting solution <<

Click here
http://www.sintelli.com/free-trial.htm

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

SID-2003-3347 [AppiesHost] Appies file manager directory traversal
SID-2003-3335 [ Compaq ] HP Tru64 NFS AdvFS File Denial Of Service
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3362 [ Debian ] ipmasq insecure packet filtering vulnerability
SID-2003-3331 [ DrPhibez and Nitro187 ] GuildFTPd 0.999 Directory
Traversal
SID-2003-3352 [ flying dog software ] Powerslave Portalmanager
information disclosure
SID-2003-3330 [ GoAhead Software ] Goahead webserver denial of service
SID-2003-3344 [ IBM ] Denial of Service Vulnerability in DB2 Discovery
Service
SID-2003-3346 [ IBM ] IBM AIX 5.2 tsm format string vulnerability
SID-2003-3361 [ IBM ] IBM AIX lpd format string vulnerability
SID-2003-3340 [ IBM ] Multiple IBM DB2 Stack Overflow Vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3367 [ Imatix ] Xitami Open Source Web Server Denial of service
vulnerability
SID-2003-3312 [ Ipswitch ] IMail Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3356 [ Knox Software ] Knox Arkeia Pro 5.1.12 remote root
exploit
SID-2003-3351 [ LSH ] LSH 1.4x remote root buffer overflow vulnerability

SID-2003-3360 [ Lucent ] Lucent MAX TNT Universal Gateway Hang-Up Redial
Administrative Access Vulnerability
SID-2003-3358 [ Macromedia ] ColdFusion MX / ColdFusion cross-site
scripting vulnerability with default error handlers
SID-2003-3345 [ Microsoft ] Microsoft BizTalk Server virtual directories
weak permissions
SID-2003-3350 [ Microsoft ] Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP URG memory
leak Vulnerability
SID-2003-3364 [ Midnight Commander ] Midnight Commander Remote Code
Execution via Uninitialized Buffer
SID-2003-3308 [ MiniHttpServer ] Minihttpserver 1.x Host Engine
Vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3342 [ Miro Construct Pty Ltd ] Mambo 4.0.14 Stable Multiple
Vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3357 [ Multi-Vendor ] Hztty buffer overflows
SID-2003-3320 [ Multi-Vendor ] KDM Privilege escalation with specific
PAM modules
SID-2003-3321 [ Multi-Vendor ] KDM weak session cookie generation
algorithm
SID-2003-3338 [ Multi-Vendor ] Memory bugs in OpenSSH
SID-2003-3319 [ Multi-Vendor ] OpenSSH Buffer Management Error
SID-2003-3337 [ Multi-Vendor ] OpenSSH Multiple buffer management errors
in buffer_init and  buffer_free
SID-2003-3315 [ Multi-Vendor ] Pine Remote Integer Overflow
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3327 [ Multi-Vendor ] Sendmail 8.12.9 prescan() vulnerability
SID-2003-3336 [ Multi-Vendor ] Sendmail ruleset parsing buffer overflow
SID-2003-3363 [ myPHPNuke ] myphpnuke auth.inc.php SQL Injection
SID-2003-3366 [ NetBSD ] NetBSD Sysctl Argument Handling Vulnerabilities

SID-2003-3311 [ Network Dweebs Corporation ] DSPAM Default Permissions
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3310 [ Nokia ] Nokia Electronic Documentation - Multiple
Vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3324 [ phpBB Group ] PHPBB Smiley Panel Cross Site Scripting
SID-2003-3328 [ Plug & Play Software Ltd ] Denial Of Service in Plug &
Play Web (FTP) Server
SID-2003-3341 [ Plug & Play Software Ltd ] Plug & Play Web Server
Directory traversal
SID-2003-3307 [ SCO ] SCO OpenServer local root privileges vulnerability

SID-2003-3353 [ Sep City ] Community Wizard Admin Access
SID-2003-3322 [ SGI ] SGI IRIX NFS export vulnerability
SID-2003-3317 [ Spider ] Spider heap overflow and buffer overflow
vulnerabilities
SID-2003-3348 [ Sun ] JDK XALAN denial of service Vulnerability
SID-2003-3316 [ Sun ] Solaris sadmind Setting Remote Root Exploitation
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3323 [ Symantec ] Multiple Vulnerabilities in Symantec
Antivirus for Windows Mobile
SID-2003-3332 [ Trademark Software ] TM-POP3 Registry Plaintext Password
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3325 [ ufoot.org ] LiquidWar Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
SID-2003-3343 [ Valve Software ] Rcon plaintext passwords
SID-2003-3368 [ Washington University ] Wu_ftpd buffer overflow
vulnerability
SID-2003-3309 [ Wintel Software ] WideChapter Browser Buffer Overflow
Vulnerability
SID-2003-3318 [ Yahoo ] Yahoo! Webcam ActiveX control buffer overflow
vulnerability

>>Did you know you can trial our vulnerability alerting solution <<

Click here
http://www.sintelli.com/free-trial.htm

*** SID-2003-3347 [ AppiesHost ] Appies file manager directory traversal

Bugtraq ID:NOT AVAILABLE
CVE ID:NOT AVAILABLE
Verification: Single source

The file manager of "Appies" from Appieshost allows a directory
traversal attack.