From: rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com (Rainer Gerhards)
Subject: BugTraq Speed

As the one who started this thread...

>  From my point of view this was no attempt to condemn anyone, but was
> meant as getting a feeling for the situation ("am I the only one who
> feels like this? if so, there is no need to take further
> steps").

Mike hit the target. That was my primary reason. You know, a lot of
things can go wrong with email. I may accidently be on the top of the
delivery list at FT and at the bottom at BugTraq - all those things.

> As it
> seems that there are lots of people sharing the same
> experience, one of
> them should volunteer and ask the BugTraq guys about the
> reasons, giving
> them the chance to "defend themselves" as you suggested.

Well, I think I am anyhow not the one talking to them. Why? In the past,
I tried to contact them with several issues, but besides the
subscribe/unsubscribe they seem not to accept any mail from me. I also
tried to mail their postmaster, but again, nothing happened. Not even a
bounce. I have given up on this. Please note that I tried the official
addresses posted, maybe someone has a good personal address which I
could try...

> Bye, Mike
>
> PS: Just to mention that: I won't volunteer, due to two reasons:
> 1. Bad english
> 2. I'll marry this weekend and therefor will be off for some days

Hey, have a great time!

Rainer