From: rodrigob at suespammers.org (Rodrigo Barbosa)
Subject: [inbox] Re: CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:39:14PM -0500, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
> > As I said, I also think that Micro$oft is as insecure as my 8
> > y/o daughter playing with a handgun.
> >
> Your daughter wouldn't be insecure playing with a handgun if she had had
> proper handgun safety training.  Wouldn't the same be true of computer
> users?

Agree. But this training should start with developers and admins, don't
you think ? How good is security training for a user that runs insecure
software over a insecure network environment ?

Ok, I'm supposing you did read the rest of my previous e-mail.

My whole point is: I do think Windows is insecure, but one cannot blame
Windows alone. There are many, many server still vulnerable to CodeRed,
and that, these days, is mostly a fault of the server admin.

[]s

--
Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob@...spammers.org>