From: steve.wray at paradise.net.nz (Steve Wray)
Subject: Re: Pudent default security - Was:
 CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

Ok ok, 'Compulsory windowing operating systems'
as compared with operating systems whose windowing
desktop has a non-windowing layer underneath
(and, in case anyone hadn't noticed, (in the case of Linux at least)
has perfectly adequate 'office' type desktop).

I know that there are some nice tools for doing remote and bulk admin
for the latest iterations of the Windows operating system, but from
what I've seen, they lack maturity and often cause more trouble
than they help prevent (DCOM? Am I right? Does anyone leave remote
registry on?)