From: lists at onryou.com (Cael Abal)
Subject: CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

> Yeah you know, that has always been my theory as to why,
> in Star Trek (and others), the control panels on starship
> bridges sometimes explode with sparks and smoke for no better reason
> than that some component on the outer hull got shot up by the
> Klingons (or whoever); its an important feedback
> mechanism ensuring that the operator knows that something
> is very seriously wrong.
>
> Now if only desktop PCs had such a system...

Hi Steve,

You know, now that you mention it that makes perfect sense.

Although, keep in mind we're talking about MS machines here -- these
machines will need to be capable of emitting a shower of sparks and
smoke virtually non-stop.

Hmm.  Actually, I think it might be fun to construct a spring-loaded
BANG! type flag, triggered every time Dr. Watson or the current
equivalent is executed.

take care,