From: pdt at jackhammer.org (Paul Tinsley)
Subject: Mystery DNS Changes

Ya, there is a tiny line on page 3 of the security buleten that says
that it doesn't fix the Object Type Vulnerability.  Awful nice of them
to let people know...

Also they haven't commited to a date that a working patch will be
available, end of October is the best I have heard.

To make it worse all the AV vendors are basing their signatures off of
the AOLFIX.EXE instead of the behavior that allows the problem.  So v1.1
will have no problem making it through the gates.

And Microsofts mitigation suggestions are to set ActiveX to prompt in
the Intranet and Internet zones... right, cause end users aren't already
trained to hit yes to every box that shows up.