From: jlevitsk at joshie.com (Joshua Levitsky)
Subject: Bush Bashing (use to be Has Verisign time arrived ?)

On Oct 5, 2003, at 2:45 PM, William Warren wrote:

> interesting..since so called right-wing radio is many times more
> popular than liberal radio..which one needs to join the real world?
> The real world is contained in the bible....God is on your side..you
> just have to choose to believe...it really is that simple.

Not to encourage religious debate here, but you do know that Judaism in
the time of Jesus was accepting of Pagans right? and you know that is
was ok if your non-Jewish neighbor worshiped the regional Pagan god
right? And that Jesus never claimed to be god and it wasn't until a
hundred years after his death (2nd century) that Christians decided he
was right? Wasn't until they accepted goyim in and Christianity became
distorted from what Jesus intended. And that denying the existance of
other gods wasn't until Deuteronomy was discovered during the
renovation of a building in 622 b.c. by a man that had an agenda?
(Hilkiah) And even 600 years later Jesus was accepting to all, and he
didn't want people to think he was god and he didn't ever claim to
be... and so I don't know how you can say that "God is on your side"
like there is only one god and you need him on your side. Judaism /
Buddhism / original Christianity / Greek culture and such all support
the idea that there are many gods. Jews are only permitted to pray to
the one god, but it is clear that there are others. Modern Christianity
is seriously flawed in the fact that many Christians worship Jesus as
if he was god, Catholics worship idols by having Jesus on the cross at
church, Christians make the false claim that there is no path to heaven
except through Jesus. I could go on, but I won't. This is way too
complicated to cover on a mail list that is for computer discussions. I
just couldn't let you spout that nonsense that there is one god, and
the implication that someone needs your god on his side.

--
Joshua Levitsky, CISSP, MCSE
System Engineer