From: peter at adamantix.org (Peter Busser)
Subject: Bush Bashing (use to be Has Verisign time arrived ?)

Hi!

> >Well just for the sake of being honest, the US gets 55% of its oil
> >domesticaly.[1]
> >Followed by 20% Saudi and the rest Venezuela, yadda, yadda.

But that 20% is bigger in absolute numbers. The US is the biggest energy
consumer in the world. AFAIK the US accounts for around 40% of the total
world-wide energy consumption.

> PS2 ask yourself again why US gets attacked, I don't see planes crashing on
> switzerland buildings, I don't see mexico embassy beign bombed in Africa, I
> don't see portuguese citizens being killed. What if, only if , by any
> chance, those "crazy muslims terrorists" are just paying back?. Just say
> thanks george.

I wonder if that also goes for attacks over the Internet. (I hope I don't
offend anyone by talking about computer related security on this mailing list.)

There have been reports as to how vulnerable countries are for digital
terrorism, including the Netherlands. People have been talking about attacks
from the Internet, but there are of course more types of digital attacks. Like
taking over satellites and such. I wonder if countries think about this stuff
and how they think they will defend themselves against these threats.

> - USA is the country that builds and sells more weapons in the world. Is
> also, the only nation that has thrown atomic bombs against civil
> population. And it's always, by tradition, in war with someone.

The US is not alone in this, the five permanent members of the UN security
counsil are responsible for AFAIK 80 or 90% of all weapons exports in the
world. It is good business you know.

Groetjes,
Peter Busser
--
The Adamantix Project
Taking trustworthy software out of the labs, and into the real world