From: pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com (Vincent)
Subject: Bush Bashing (use to be Has Verisign  time
 arrived ?)

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:58:55 -0300
El Guille <guille7@...tevideo.com.uy> wrote:

> >Well just for the sake of being honest, the US gets 55% of its oil
> >domesticaly.[1]
> >Followed by 20% Saudi and the rest Venezuela, yadda, yadda.
> >It's the EU that buys a huge chunk from Iraq. (just look how much they're
> >owed now)
> >We get about 3-5% from Iraq and have for 10 years. If thier oil is our
> >lifeblood
> >mind explaining to me why we had the best economy in the history of our
> >country
> >while not paying a dime to Iraq for one bucket of oil? BTW that 3-5% we
> >got from
> >Iraq was because of the oil for food program, we didn't 'buy' any. Cause
> >there were
> >sanctions only a few of us decided to follow.
> >
> >[1].. It's been a while since I researched this. I can't remember if
> >'domestically'
> >means Mexico and Canada included.(?)
>
> Deceived by your ignorance I may say.
> Price of oil before war was 15 bucks de barrel
> With the gulf war the price raise up to 42 bucks x barrel, generating an
> extra 60 thousand millon dollars.

Wrong.
The only time it ever went over $40 was in 1980-83 cause of the
Iran/Iraq war but thank you for playing.
http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm (or just type in 'crude oil prices history' in
google and follow the first link.
in '90 it was $24 then the war made it _DROP_ to $21 in 1991!

The first statement you made can't be ignorance it is so far off I'm leaning
towards you making a completely blatant lie.
So I will not respond to the rest because your credibility has now come
into question, not to mention I made no statements about half of your rambling.
Next time you call someone ignorant sevral times over, make sure
they comment on what you're talking about before assuming he's from this party
so this is his opnion okay?
Good Bye.