From: davek_throwaway at hotmail.com (Dave Korn)
Subject: Allchin bug p-o-c.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Andrew.Berges@...restre.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Allchin bug p-o-c.

>So how large of an impact are we looking at here for the average networked
>environment?  I don't see this service running on any of our servers here,
>although the exe is most definitely there ... is this a subprocess that
>gets
>spawned as necessary to allow applications to communicate with the OS?
>
>Pardon my ignorance.
>
>Regards,
>
>Andrew Berges - Associate Manager, Systems
>Everest Global Services

  To be honest, I don't think it's a very serious issue.  MSMQ isn't
terribly widely deployed, the bug has already been fixed for at least one
SP, and it seems easy to filter at the border.  AFAIR MSMQ isn't installed
by default on w2k, not even server versions, so it's something that only
people who have deliberately configured it into their systems will have
running.

      DaveK